Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I think im going to try this....

Well I think I am going to try this blog thing and see if I can keep up with it!! umm what can I say im your average ordinary teenager with the typical problems and the typical lifestyle it seems! I never have much going on, but seem to always have some kinda of problem. For instance friend issues EVERY teenager has them one friend in particular of mine makes me wonder sometimes how true she actually is...when she would do something that hurt my feelings like say she was going to hang out with me and then drop me for someone else I would always get mad and say "this time im done with her for good" but then bout a week later where am I? Right back talking to her...Well here recently I have decided I am giving EVERYTHING to God the maker of all things our healer, provider, father, brother, anything that we need he is and so i've just given him everything I have my friendships, relationships with family, school, finding a job, finding a boyfriend EVERYTHING!! I am Consumed By God! I've been going to a new church Heritage Assembly of God and Pastor Tim has taught me a lot of things and I am very thankfull for him...our motto in the church is "Nothings to hard for God" and ours in the youth group is "Impact 1" meaning if we are consumed by God then maybe just maybe we can impact one life whether it be in a week or a month we have this thing "10, 10, 1, 6, 1" Read your bible 10 min. a day pray 10 min a day invite one friend to church a week and lead one person to christ every 6 months! I have to admit I have been slacking but here lately I have been and can feel myself drawing closer to God and relying on him for every problem and situation I come to and it is just amazing to feel God's presence the way I feel him now and I plan on getting into this 10, 10, 1, 6, 1 thing again so my relationship with him can become stronger and stronger than it is now!! I am making so many more friends some that I had talked to before are becoming closer and some that are just new from the church and I am so thankfull and so excited God is working in my life!!! I'm no longer going to worry about friendships, or "God when am I going to have a boyfriend" or "Gosh will I EVER find a job?" or anything like that because I know that God is and forever will be in control of my life!! So I think this is a pretty long enough blog for the first time! So until next time i'll try to stay "Consumed By God"


God Bless,
Ashley!

1 comment:

  1. Good job. I'm so proud of you and how you have become such a great christian young woman. Keep it up. I'm always praying for you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete